The ACP Private Sector Development Platform
The ACP-EU Council of Ministers adopted at its Nairobi meeting in June 2014, a Joint Cooperation Framework for Private Sector Development (PSD) support in ACP countries articulated around four pillars:
Moreover, the ACP-EU Council of Ministers envisaged the creation of a joint ACP-EU Platform for dialogue on supporting the private sector and strengthening the ACP Secretariat (PSD Platform).
It is recommended in the Declaration of the Joint ACP-EU Council of Ministers in Nairobi (June 2014) that “a Light Structure, capable of responding adequately to the needs of the ACP private sector, be set up” (…).
The Light Structure, to be referred to as “Business ACP” is carried out within the framework of the ACP-EU Joint Platform for Private Sector Support. It is dedicated to enable greater coordination and coherence in the implementation of the ACP Strategy for Private Sector Development (PSD), as well as the ACP-EU Joint ACP-EU Private Sector Development Cooperation Framework (PSD) of the “All ACP/ Intra ACP” component of the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) (2014-2020).
Million Euros: Resources allocated to support Private sector development in ACP countries, under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF). Download PDF
- Ownership & Partnership: associate ACP partners and implementation by organizations;
- Coordination & Synergy: pooling of national, regional and intra-ACP efforts; better ACP monitoring and evaluation;
- Additionality, Complementarity, & Co-financing: between actions at Intra ACP level and those at regional and national levels
- Support for ACP regional integration processes
- Vulnerable Regions/States: priority
- Creation of sustainable jobs: priority to youth and women employment in sectors with high labor potential;
- Development of skills linked to new sectors/economy
February 2020: Expiry date of the Cotonou Partnership Agreement signed in 2000 for a period of 20 years. This legal framework rules relations between the EU and the 79 ACP countries. Download PDF
Launch in February 2018, this technical assistance facility carries out the following activities guided by the Secretariat of the ACP Group.